Neos-Navigator 5 Gray
Neos Navigator is a unisex insulated overboot that can be worn over shoes, hiking boots or even sandals. We use them in our dog sledding tour guiding and they have been the warmest boots we have tried. They are superlight, less than half the weight of other boots, and have superior traction to any winter boot. Worn over shoes, they are comparable to -40 or -60 boots.
****To make them into the warmest boots on the planet, pair them with two of our wool felt liners and Superfeet insoles for arch support. Then they would then be warmer than -100 boots. To do this, take a liner your size and put it inside a liner 2 or 3 sizes larger. Size 8&10, sizes 10&12, sizes 11&14 are examples. The liners are all men’s sizes so add 1 or 2 to make women’s sizes. A single liner plus one of the 13mm insoles and Superfeet works, too.
|Insole||10⅛" x 3⅞"||10⅞" x 4⅛"||11⅝" x 4¼"||12¼" x 4⅜"||12⅝" x 4⅝"||13⅜" x 4¾"|
NOTE: The size charts are meant for the average dress shoe . Bulky shoes, athletic shoes, boots/hiking boots probably need the next larger Neos size. To be the most accurate, please follow the instructions below, and save on return postage !.
STEP 1 Measure the shoes that you want use with the NEOS Overshoe from the heel to the toe, and at the widest part of the fore foot.
STEP 2 Compare your measurement with the insole measurements on the above charts. Insole = inside dimensions of the Neos Overshoe.
STEP 3 Select the size that your shoes would best fit in. (Your shoes should be slightly smaller than the insole dimensions for that size Neos overshoe) Please call us if this is not clear!
Practical Use Guide from Wolfsong Adventures in Mushing (includes equivalent temperature ranges to what the winter boot industry claims for their boots, but they never actually try them a those temps or they would freeze their toes off) Temps are actual air temps in F, not wind chill.
- Over Crocs w/heavy wool socks—good down to about -5 (industry equivalent -40 to -60) lots of room for toes to move around and good support.
- Over running shoes—great for active down to about zero F (industry equivalent -40)
- Over hiking boots—order a size larger, good down to about -10 or -15 (industry equivalent -60)
- With one wool felt liner plus a 13mm insole and Superfeet insole—a little loose fitting and good to -15 or -20 (industry equivalent -60 or -100)
- With two wool felt liners and Superfeet—the warmest boots ever made (industry standard -100) and half the weight of -100 pac boots.
A note about Superfeet - Our guides spend about 200 days/year in boots! Boots have very little arch support and to save our sore feet, we found that Superfeet insoles in just about every boot we have is the way to go. They fit in pac boots, knee boots, mukluks, xc ski boots, downhill ski boots, hiking boots, hunting boots, muck boots, rain boots and even running shoes.